A semi-permanent version of the Nor1216 is the Nor1217 which features the same weather protection and SysCheck, but is designed for use with the standard preamplifier and microphone supplied with the Sound Analyser Nor140 and Nor150, making the Nor1217 in combination with the Nor140/Nor150 a very cost-effective solution.
Outdoor microphone for semi-permanent installations
- Outdoor microphone for community and aircraft noise.
- Fulfils IEC 60651, IEC 61672 class 1 and ANSI S1.4 type 1 (when used with Sound Analyser Nor140).
- Protection class IP 55 (dust and water).
- Easy to calibrate with a normal ½” sound calibrator.
- Microphone verification by SysCheck facility.
- Low self-noise – typically below 17 dB, A-weighted.
- Delivered with individual calibration certificate.
- Directly powered and supported by Sound Analyser Nor140 and Nor150 (built in selectable frequency correction networks and SysCheck signal generator)
- Approved by PTB, Germany.
- Low cost. Use microphone and preamplifier supplied with Nor140 and Nor150.
Acoustic performance: IEC 60651, IEC 61672 class 1 and ANSI S1.4 type 1 (frequency correction applied) with a suitable instrument (Nor140).
Max sound pressure level: >140 dB peak dependent on supply voltage.
Microphone cartridge: Nor1227 or Nor1225 (1/2” 50 mV/Pa)
Polarization voltage: 0 volt (Nor1227) 200V (Nor1225)
Inherent noise: < 17 dB A-weighted
Reference direction: Vertical or horizontaldependent on the applied frequency correction
Ingress Protection Category: IP55 according to IEC 60529.
Supply voltage: ±14 volt to ±60 volt
Current consumption: 1,5mA
Connector: 7 pin Lemo type 1B male
Temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
Height: 395 mm / 15.5”(without tripod adapter)
Diameter: Approx 80 mm / 3.1” (with windshield)
Weight: Approx 300 g (with preamp microphone)
Mounting thread: 3/8” UNC
Windshield upper part: Nor4529
Assembled upper part with windscreen: Nor4560
Microphone: Nor1227 or Nor1225
Microphone preamplifier: Nor1209
Sound calibrator: Nor1251 or Nor1253
Microphone cable: Nor1408A Standard lengths 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 50 meters – other lengths on request.
Extra wind protection: 200 mm windshield Nor4576.
Product data: Nor1217 Outdoor microphone