The Norsonic concept in multichannel measurements; the Nor850 Distributed Multichannel System.
By connecting a number of individual measuring units through various communication channels, the user may create the optimal multichannel system for any task. Dedicated user-friendly application packages for various uses are available, and the system control is done with a PC running the state-of-the-art Windows platform.
The Nor850 version 1.6 is now released. It add new unique features to Sound Power, Building Acoustics and general analyser mode. The main new features are:
- Complete setups may be stored with a lock which avoids other users to change current setup files.
- A special Marker Bar enables the operator to set single or toggle markers along the time-line during the measurement which later may be found in the NorReview for post-processing.
- A new Scheduler feature allows the automated progress of an entire sound insulation test (level, reverberation and background) without any acceptance from the operator. Hence, complete test may be performed automatically.
- Import of individual Nor140 measurement files into the Nor850 projects is now possible. This feature works for level, reverberation and complete building acoustic measurement files.
- A new Multi-Rating view is available for displaying all available ratings – even from multiple projects.
- When performing reverberation time measurements in multiple positions, a new feature for Ensemble averaging may be used to average the decay curves before calculation the reverberation time value.
- The proposed ISO/DIS 16283 with the special corner measurements is implemented as a “Standard”. Hence, the Nor850 version 1.6 offers the ability to test out the new principles.
- Individual units for each measuring channel offers a very high degree of operating flexibility. It allows the user to operate a multichannel system one day – and many individual measuring units another day!
- Choose between any mix of measuring units based on the Nor140 single channel unit and the multichannel Nor850 MF1 rack containing 1 – 10 channels.
- By connecting a number of individual measuring units through various communication channels – including both standardized LAN and USB inter- faces – the user may create the optimal multichannel system for any task. Wireless communication through Bluetooth or WLAN is also available.
- The Nor850 system offer various application modules developed for the most efficient operation within building acoustics, sound power and general sound analysis. Further application packages are planned for sound intensity, advanced building acoustics, environmental noise, and more…
- The application packages are all written in the new Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation software environment which opens up a new world of user friendly features. In the heart of the Nor850 software there is a sensor database containing all possible information about each customer complete list of measurement transducers (microphones, accelerometers, etc.), measuring channels, serial numbers, producers, calibration values, verification laboratories, verification dates, correction data, etc.
- As all connected front end channels communicate digitally with the controlling PC, any kind of errors introduced by long analogue cables are avoided. No need to worry about tear and wear on long microphone cables!
- Each individual unit may be homologated by an independent verification laboratory which means that even the entire multichannel system may be homologated!
- The multichannel system Nor850 may be expanded as the needs grow.
NEW! Version 1.5 Software Release
Norsonic just released the latest version for the Nor850 system. The new version 1.5 software offer a long list of new features and improvements, including:
- Possible to synchronize the cursor positions for various displays
- Up to 10 used-defined markers may be entered during the measurement using the key combination Alt + #. The user-definition dialogue is displayed upon selection in the Marker menu.
- Measurements based on Nor850 General Mode may be read into NorReview software version 5.1 for further investigations
- Adding other projects and copying data from various positions between the projects
- Re-use measurement data for other measurement Standards
- New Tmax reverberation time feature use the maximum dynamic range at each frequency band.
- Single frequency measurements with band pass noise excitation to improve signal to noise for both level and reverberation time measurements
- TTL control feature for use of moving loudspeakers
- Start/stop control for Nor277 Tapping Machine